This is a logo for a small web design company.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills):
The logo was created using Adobe Illustrator. First I created several drafts and ideas and then asked all my Facebook friends to give me feedback and vote on which one they liked best. I really enjoyed all the feedback I got and felt that it helped me greatly with this design. This logo was one of the favorites.
The flower was created using the blend tool and specifying the number of steps to blend. Then the flower and the lettering DearMegs was given just a little bit of a drop shadow to give the design a little more depth and “pop.” Finally I duplicated the logo in gray scale and with white text on a colored background to demonstrate its versatility.
- Message: The company DearMegs does web design and illustration.
- Audience: The main target audience of the company is women who blog and/or run online businesses. Thus, the logo was designed with a more feminine appeal.
- Top Thing Learned: I loved learning how to use illustrator. I learned about many different tools while creating my ideas and drafts including the pen tool, the shape tool, the blend tool, object styles, and effects.
- Color Scheme and Color Names:
Analogous: Violet, Purple, and Indigo
- Title / Body Font Names & Categories:
Title: Distant Stroke – Script
Body: Nirmala UI – Sans Serif